Our goal is to assist families in skill building and preventative care. If the need for out-of-home placement becomes necessary, our Foster Care Program can assist at-risk children and families in finding the stability of a nurturing home.
Commitment to the Child
Apex Family Care believes that children can and do flourish in relationships that foster a sense of belonging, commitment and compassion. Our commitment is to provide a continuum of care for youth that is conducive to personal growth and development, while functioning within a family setting. Children who are referred to Apex Family Care will receive the full effort of the professional team collaborating in a manner that connects all providers and allows for advocacy for the child and family. Our goal is to assist in achieving permanency in the quickest timeframe possible.
Commitment to Parents and Families
Apex Family Care believes that the best possible foundation for children’s lives is within their own families. Whenever possible, the parents or family members of children placed within Apex Family Care foster homes will be actively involved in the care of their children. When parental rights have been terminated or efforts to involve the birth parents have failed, Apex Family Care will make every effort to work with potential permanency options to assist with transitioning children to their forever home.
Commitment to the Community
Apex Family Care believes that we must set a precedent within our community. Our goal is to help at-risk children and families learn to lead healthy, stable and independent lives. We believe it really does “take a village to raise a child”. Our efforts will focus on utilizing community resources but will also encompass educating the community relative to the needs of at-risk children and families.
Program Philosophy, Goals and Objectives
The goal of our agency is that every youth served will successfully transition to permanency by way of reunification, adoption, guardianship or independent living. Our treatment approach will include:
- Provision of a safe environment for children placed in our care
- Encouragement and facilitation of individual and family therapy
- Maintenance of family connections
- Development of individualized plans that are driven by the choice and input of the youth, biological parents and/or family members, foster parents, and all involved professionals
- Skill building that will assist the youth’s psychosocial functioning
- Assist in the identification and development of strengths through mentoring and positive reinforcement
- Smooth transition to less restrictive levels of care by communicating and working with those involved in the process
Admission Criteria and Target Population
To qualify for Foster Care services at Apex Foster Care, Inc. the following criteria will be considered:
- In-home services have been utilized and have failed or were not appropriate for the family
- Ages ranging from 0-19 years
- Victims of abuse or neglect Court involvement
- Referred by service area contracting agency or NDHHS